Wednesday 31 October 2012

Retro Space Orks

Hello everyone. Sorry I'm a little late with this post, it's essay hand in week this week and I've been up to my eyeballs in work! Never mind though, here are some photos of the Space Orks I painted the other day, I hope you enjoy...


I bought some new paints to paint the Orks. I wanted to try highlighting for the first time so I bought some 'Warboss Green' to highlight the 'Kabalite Green' of the Orks' skin. I also used some of my own acrylic paints on the axe handled to make the wood seem a bit more realistic.



I tried to give the Orks different uniforms to make them seem a little more unique. I always imagined them to wear whatever scraps of clothes and armour they could find, so making them look different really fitted into my ideal!


I'm really pleased with how they came out, I just wish I had some static grass to make the bases look a little better (but they are Space Orks.... maybe they wouldn't be fighting in grass?) Nevertheless, I enjoyed painting them and I can't wait to get the other fourteen painted and move on to some new figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment